PHOTOGRAMMETRY FOR 3D RECONSTRUCTION IN SOLIDWORKS AND ITS APPLICATIONS IN INDUSTRY
thesisposted on 15.08.2019 by Nikhil Satyanarrayan Potabatti
In order to distinguish essays and pre-prints from academic theses, we have a separate category. These are often much longer text based documents than a paper.
Photogrammetry and laser scanning are two primary methods used for object reconstruction / reverse engineering. But Laser scanners have much higher initial investment compared to photogrammetry method.
Currently, in the industry, researchers have been using 3 different softwares for reverse engineering purposes from photogrammetry/laser scanning.
This thesis is to showcase research work with following points:
1. Comparison between laser scanner and photogrammetry tools.
2. Application of photogrammetry in the industry.
3. Evaluation of photogrammetry tools based on quality of mesh results and comparison with baseline standard of laser-scanner results.
4. Proposed integrated methodology with photogrammetry tool for reverse engineering within single environment.
5. Validation of this integrated methodology with case studies.
6. Parametric study of tool for accuracy and comparison with actual standard models.